Business Development Manager
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Business Development Manager
BMT is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations.
BMT is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense and security, energy and environment, critical infrastructure and commercial shipping sectors. For further information on BMT please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Business Development Manager. The position is in the Business Development organization headquartered in Alexandria, VA. This individual is responsible for actively engaging federal and commercial customer community to identify and develop new opportunities and work with BMT businesses for pursuit and leading efforts. The individual is responsible for research/lead generation, tracking and qualifying leads in coordination with the Marketing Manager and Client Managers, and fostering long term relationships with key public and private clients. Advises on go/no go recommendations, identifies winning strategies, assists with marketing plans, engages client, project managers and subject matter experts in the business development program, develops trusted relationships with the contracting community to progress opportunities that will result in new or expanded work for the firm. The incumbent is expected to spend time contacting and visiting existing and potential clients and teaming partners in markets consistent with BMT strategic goals and objectives.
Candidate must be a US citizen possessing or eligible for a DoD security clearance. Company will not sponsor visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration. Master’s Degree in any of the above fields is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct interface with clients requiring engineering and consulting services.
- Appropriate education or equivalent practical experience needed to understand the major technical, organizational, managerial, and business issues involved in engineering marketing and sales. Knowledge and understanding of Navy and NAVSEA organization and procurements is a plus.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and pressure, maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Acts as voice of the customer and advises BMT business leadership, reflecting knowledge of commercial and federal acquisition rules, markets, customer needs, regulations, trends, budgets, legislation, politics and competitive intelligence.
- Participates in Business Unit Strategy Sessions and Color Team Reviews with the goal of improving the quality of proposal submissions and raising BMT Pwin.
- Excellent communications skills. Diplomatic and persuasive. Able to influence clients and develop strong business relationships in both the public and private sector.
- Continually interfaces and builds positive relationships with senior and working level current and potential customers to understand their requirements, desires, and concerns
- Researches and uses competitive intelligence, market information, intimate customer knowledge, and business skills to develop customer value propositions that support business solutions/winning proposals
- Identifies growth opportunities for BMT businesses; leads customer-focused marketing support efforts through direct engagement with commercial and federal Defense customers, making recommendations back to leaders within the BMT businesses
- High energy. Enthusiastic and positive about BMT and our people and business lines.
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries. Interested candidates must email resume, BMT Employment Application and surveys with subject line "OP 21” to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070