GEN-018 International Program Manager
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for an International Program Manager.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The International Program Manager has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Act as Program Manager for the provision of engineering services to clients both in Canada and overseas;
- Work with our customers to solve complex technical problems within the maritime environment;
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in the conduct of engineering design activities;
- Monitor and reporting of Program performance;
- Develop / modify processes to improve project management and delivery;
- Apply specialist knowledge and experience to the development and delivery of engineering solutions where appropriate;
- Provide support to Business Development activities relating your clients and adjacent markets; and
- The role provides opportunities to travel.
- Contribute to objectives and direction of the Design and Engineering Services (DES) Business Line (BL);
- Positively and actively support the decisions of the Program Director (PD);
- Provide input to the monthly report, including revenue forecasts; and
- Contribute to a culture of operational and technical excellence.
- Developing a deep understanding of assigned clients, in order to identify opportunities and develop the best course of action to pursue;
- Support the PD by identifying, reviewing and qualifying opportunities and recommending which RFI, RFPs, RFQs or opportunities should be pursued;
- Contribute to the maintenance of the DES Pipeline Tool through solicitation and consolidation of PD inputs; and
- Act as the Opportunity Lead for specific opportunities within the Program Area as assigned by the PD, including the development of Bids, and Capture Plans where appropriate.
- Act as the Project Manager (PM) for key projects within the relevant Program Area;
- Cooperate with other Program Managers (PgMs) and Engineering Managers (EMs) to optimize staff utilization across the DES BL;
- Monitor and report on performance against the agreed plan/baseline;
- Identify and execute risk mitigation strategies; and
- Provide oversight and support to PgMs working within the Program Area to ensure consistent, effective and disciplined application of PM processes and tools for all projects.
- Represent the PD when delegated by the PD in their absence.
- Act as key client manager for assigned projects;
- Represent clients within the company and the company with clients; and
- Proactively interact with client and exceed their expectations. Leverage this performance and develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s needs to establish new work.
- Apply specialist knowledge and experience to the development and delivery of engineering solutions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Secret security clearance;
- Minimum of 10 years experience within the maritime industry;
- Submarine experience;
- Ship / submarine construction or shipyard experience is desirable;
- Experience running complex programs within Maritime industry; and
- A degree in one of the following fields is desirable:
- Electrical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of the website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “International Program Manager” in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education; and
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com