GEN-022 Submarine Engineering Specialists
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for Submarine Engineering Specialists.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The successful candidates will join a team of outstanding professionals, supporting a wide range of marine engineering activities.
The Submarine Engineering Specialist Role:
- Conduct engineering design reviews of submarine design artifacts for our customers
- Work with our customers to solve complex technical problems within the maritime environment
- Conduct engineering design work enabling equipment change outs on maritime vessels, including drafting of technical specifications and detailed design calculations
- Apply engineering design skills to modify existing ship designs, including drafting of technical specifications and detailed design calculations
- Provide guidance to our clients on construction approaches and options
- The role provides opportunities to travel
- Ottawa / Victoria / Halifax opportunities
The successful candidates will have:
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 8 years as an engineer within the maritime industry
- Submarine design experience is desirable
- Ship / submarine construction experience is desirable
- Experience in the application and understanding of relevant engineering standards
- A degree in one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of the website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Submarine Engineering Specialists.” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com