Senior Marine Systems Engineer
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Senior Marine Systems Engineer.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transport sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that a personal work-life balance is important. Therefore we offer full-time and contracting options, with competitive compensation and benefits, as well as training and development programs.
Our growing Design Engineering Services Business Line is recruiting a Senior Marine Systems Engineer for our Ottawa office. The successful candidate will join a team of outstanding professionals, supporting a wide range of engineering activities from integration of new concepts into existing vessels to in-service analysis to support to client acquisition programs.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a university degree in mechanical or marine systems engineering and hold a provincial, state or federal licence to practice as a professional engineer;
- Be able to obtain a Canadian Secret security clearance;
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in marine systems engineering within the last 15 years. This may include experience completing engineering calculations (fuel consumption, HVAC, piping flow) in support of ship design, including for new designs or updates to existing designs. It includes knowledge and application of regulations and standards applicable to marine systems design;
- Possess experience leading a design team in the engineering of marine systems solutions for ships, including implementation of new systems or updates to existing system designs;
- Have excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Have flexibility to travel, including ability to work onboard ships conducting surveys;
- Have the ability to work at Ottawa area client site(s), as well as other sites from time to time; and
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare well-crafted engineering reports and specifications, and the ability to review and interpret engineering drawings.
Candidates with experience in any of the following areas have a distinct advantage:
- Past leadership experience in a shipyard environment, in the shipbuilding or ship repair industry;
- Prior naval service; and
- Prior experience in the identification and mitigation of ship design hazards.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of the website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Senior Marine Systems Engineer” in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education; and
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com