BMT Canada is recruiting for an EVM Specialist to join our Program Services team.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
Our team helps to deliver complex programs through the integration of program management, systems engineering, and change management practices. We help clients maintain a clear view of their goals and their realization and support this visibility throughout our engagement. We are seeking an EVM specialist to join our team to enhance our existing EVM capability. This role will focus on providing analyses of the Arctic Offshore Patrol Ship (AOPS) build program submissions, and grow into a broader support role as the candidate becomes familiar with BMT and the AOPS Project Management Office.
Our people really make the difference. By working as trusted members of clients' teams our respected and experienced consultants work with impartiality to fulfill clients' requirements. Knowledge transfer to our clients is a key element of all our engagements as our goal is to set up our clients for success. We are committed to the professional and personal development of our staff and invest in individuals to enable them to fulfill their potential and deliver excellence to our clients.
If you want to join a dynamic team composed of professionals who want to make a real difference, you may be right for us.
The successful candidate will build their own role within a small core of consultants already in place. You will leverage your unique talents into the offerings of our business. Your strong people skills, and your ability to support an environment for the creation of plans and ideas, will contribute to and enhance the growth, competitiveness and standing of the team.
The preferred candidate will have experience with:
- Working within large complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, shifting priorities, and significant budgets;
- Hands on Earned Value Management analysis;
- Experience reading Formats 1-5 and providing analyses over time;
- Experience presenting performance and forecast data to management teams;
- Exposure to Process improvement initiatives, either for a standardized certification body such as CMMI, or an internal process initiative involving changing the manner of work to achieve a new management objective; and
- Managing projects, programs, Cost Account Managers or clients.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate their ability to discuss EVMS techniques and practices;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the NDIA guidelines;
- Take the initiative to implement the direction, strategy, and policies of the business;
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity and accountability; and
- Work within client environments.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of the website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “EVM Specialist” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com