SS-008 Administrative Assistant and Document Control
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant and Document Control.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transport sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that a personal work-life balance is important. Therefore we offer full-time and contracting options, with competitive compensation and benefits, as well as training and development programs.
The Administrative Assistant and Document Control is a key member of a small team of dedicated professionals. The main responsibility of this role is to provide dynamic administrative support to meet the varied needs of a shared services organization and provide support in the preparation of proposals and reports, document management, database administration and ISO compliance.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare and proofread technical proposals, reports, presentations and documentation;
- Coordinate client visits, including meeting rooms, catering requirements etc.;
- Prepare and collate information to support meetings;
- Perform receptionist duties when required;
- Attend meetings to record, summarize and distribute minutes;
- Organize and act on project related documents including but not limited to email, meeting minutes, meeting reports, mail etc.;
- Administer electronic project filing;
- File and copy documents;
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Security Clearance;
- Respond positively in periods requiring concerted effort/intense activity;
- Review Conference Room and Meeting Room after visits and tidy up if required;
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word – Expert, Powerpoint – Advanced, Excel, VISIO, MS Project, etc.);
- Proficient in the use of Adobe tools (AcrobatPro)
- Develop and maintain basic spreadsheets;
- Proficient in database management including generating reports from existing databases;
- Proficient in use of the Internet and Internet Explorer;
- Strong time management skills; and
- Proficient in desktop publishing with existing industry standard tools.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of the website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Administrative Assistant and Document Control” in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education; and
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com